Saturday 23 July 2011

Rioting and Nullsec

Well things have happened in the last two days. I’ve had an invite from and old corp of mine Thorn Syndicate which is re-merging and are going to join Brick Squad. I am still deciding if I will go for it, but I am looking at going. It will mean that I’m back in null sec which I’ve been pinning for a while now. The only requirement for me to join as I’m an ex member is to have a capital ship. I used to have a Nidhoggur however I sold that last month to pay for plexs. So it means either ice mining and selling to stuff then buying a carrier, mission run and then buy the carrier, or mine proper asteroids and build myself a carrier. I am leaning more towards the mining asteroids and then building one myself, so time to sell the mackinaw and work with the covetor as I’m not going to buy a hulk, with their current pricing.

Anyway onto the riots. So last month we had the large riots in the 4 major trade hubs of eve, if you haven’t heard of these then where have you been. What I see is that it is just a bunch of whiners hurt that CCP is changing the game and putting it into a new direction. However what they need to see is that CCP has not changed the direction they are taking EVE at all, this has been the direction they have always had for EVE. Now I know not everyone in the riots were rioting because of the captain’s quarters. Some were rioting because of nexus I have already put a post about that so will not come back to it here. Some more of the rioting was because of the leaked internal newsletter. However even in this people have not had the full message. Yes eve-news24 posted this newsletter but they did not post the whole newsletter, they have missed a large portion of it. Now some of the newsletter that was missed I agree eve-news24 should have missed, it was personal information about CCP staff and did not need to be released, however what was missed was the front page where there is a statement explaining that the views that were written in the newsletter did not give the views of CCP and where purely speculative. This is the major section that the newsletter did not show the definite way the CCP will be taking EVE and that gold ammo will not be added into the game. However the major problem after all this happening is the CCP did not just come out and say that no gold ammo is not going to be added and people would have been rioting so much. Well the people who just wasn’t to disrupt the game would have still rioted but who cares about them and they should just leave EVE.

Anyway either way it shows that if the players of EVE really want to show their views they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment